Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fishing Trip

My parents were gone all day on Saturday and I had a blast hanging with Grandma!! Here's my mom telling what happened:

Last Saturday Nathan and I arose at 5:30am and headed off to Galveston. At 7am we boarded the Capt. John Fishing Boat and set off for deep waters.



Here's a couple pictures from the top deck of the boat as we were leaving the pier.





Four hours later we reached deep waters about 120 miles out. After some help from the deck hands I figured out the casting and reeling in pretty quickly and promptly caught a red snapper that was a keeper!!



A little later I hooked an even larger one and Nathan had to pull it up for me.



After a few hours of catching fish and occasionally moving to a new location, we headed back inside for the 4 hour trip back to the harbor. The fish were proudly hung up for display.



We ended up with 4 red snapper fish...



...and after they were cleaned, gutted, and filleted we filled our cooler up with about 9 lbs of fish meat. They are now taking up about half of the freezer so we are set for awhile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment